My travel qoates

My travel qoates
travel addict

Thursday, May 3, 2018

New Comelec commissioner assumes post




MANILA — Newly-appointed Commission on Elections (Comelec) Commissioner Socorro Inting on Thursday reported for work and asked for the support of her fellow officials and employees.

The newest member of the Commission en banc officially started her new duty on Thursday, when she took her oath before poll body's acting chairman Al Parreño at the session hall of the Comelec main office in Manila.

“I am a team player. I can decide out of the box. But I always adhere to my credo, my lifelong credo: that one should do what is right,” Inting said.

She also admitted that she has no broad knowledge about election laws.

“ I really need to study the election laws and other related matters and so I beg of you commissioners to bear with me. But don’t worry I am a fast learner,” she said after being sworn into office.

Meanwhile, Parreño welcomed the new official, noting she will be a great help as Comelec is currently preparing for the forthcoming Barangay (village) and Sangguniang Kabataan (youth council) polls and the 2019 midterm elections.

“Your addition would greatly enhance the Commission’s ability to successfully handle the demands of preparing for these electoral exercises,” Parreño said.

On April 18, Malacañang announced the appointment of the former Associate Justice of the Court of Appeals, succeeding retired Commissioner Arthur Lim. (PNA/By Ferdinand Patinio/re-posted by Becky D. de Asis-TheRedline News)  






No comments:

Post a Comment